One of the most common questions I ask myself is, “What do I cook for myself when I’m home alone for lunch? With my husband and children at work.It's lunch time and I’m hungry — but the idea of cooking just for me leaves me less than enthused. Usually I prepare something simple. Today I made this roasted vegetable pasta salad……simple to make and also very delicious. You can keep the left overs in the fridge and can have it the next day as a cold salad.
Here is the recipe!!!!!!!!
Penne or any of your desired pasta
2 zucchinis – I used yellow and green sliced into big chunks
cherry tomatoes – I used Normal tomatoes as I did not have any
3large capsicum – Red, Yellow and green cut into half’s
balsamic or red wine vinegar – I used red wine vinegar
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Sweet basil and spring onion
3 to 4 tbsp olive oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Wash and chop the vegetables except for the tomatoes, and then pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Place the vegetables in a large baking tray and drizzle 2 Tbsp of olive oil over them. Sprinkle on a little sea salt and pepper.
3. Roast the vegetables for 15 minutes then remove from oven and set aside.
4. Remove the capsicum into a bowl and cover with cling film. After 5 minutes remove the skin.
5. Now chop the roasted capsicum and zucchinis into bite size and keep aside.
6. Meanwhile, bring some water to the boil in a large pot. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and following packet instructions.
7. Stir occasionally to stop pasta from sticking together.
8. Drain the pasta and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the roasted vegetables, cherry tomatoes and sea salt. Stir well to combine. Add the extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Tear up some basil and chopped spring onions and sprinkle on top. Serve!!!