I love my granola with cold milk or yogurt and vary it with different fresh fruits. I also love it as mid-day snacks. Granola which sold in supermarkets are loaded with sugar and expensive. When I found this homemade Granola, I was very excited. You might be surprised how ridiculously easy it is to make and also super healthy. The great thing is you can customize it to exactly how you like it. Add in whichever nuts and dried fruits you enjoy most, and add sweetness according to your liking. Here is the recipe.
300g rolled oats
50g whole raw almond ( roughly chopped)
50g Whole Walnut (roughly chopped)
50g sunflower, pumpkin and flex seeds
11/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon coconut oil ( you could use canola oil)
5 tablespoons maple syrup ( you could also use raw honey or Agave syrup)
150g dried fruits ( I used raisins, dates, cranberries and apricot)
1) Pre heat oven 325F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2) In a big bowl mix coconut oil and maple syrup, combine the oats, nuts, seeds, cinnamon and salt. stir together until mixed well and all the dry ingredients is coated in liquid.
3) Spread the oats mixture into the prepared baking sheet and pat down.
4) Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Stir the granola every 10 minutes so it browns evenly.
5) Remove from the oven and let cool.
6) Once completely cool add dried fruits and store in airtight container, can store for 2 to 3 weeks.
Heavenly. I love my granola with fresh fruits, it's so tasty and healthy - what better way to start your day.
source : justasdelish.com and recipegirl.com