Today I made Garlic Prawn pasta for my lunch. It truly didn't take longer than 20 minutes to cook and definitely took less time from plate to stomach!Amazingly delicious and very easy to prepare !!!!
200g angel hair pasta or spaghetti
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes - I used 1/1/2 tsp
1 tablespoon shredded lemon zest
12 green (raw) prawns (shrimp), peeled, cleaned and halved lengthways
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly torn - I used dried
sea salt and
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente.
2. Drain and keep warm.
3. While the pasta is cooking, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat.
4. Add the butter and oil and cook until the butter has melted.
5. Add the garlic, chilli and zest and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add the prawns and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the prawns are tender.
7. Add the pasta, juice, parsley, salt and pepper to the pan and toss to combine.
8. Serve warm
Adapted from : Donna Hay